Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

writing kanji

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Psy
Expert on Something

Postby Psy » March 17th, 2008 4:57 pm

Hello there Anne, and welcome to the vast new world that is written Chinese! :)

According to the book, (and also one of the more controversial aspects of the method) you are supposed to study only the shapes and meanings of the characters so as not to burden your memory while it is already working hard on completing a huge task. The claim that readings and compounds will be much easier to digest once you recognize the majority of common characters is a true one. Divide and conquer, as they say... divide and conquer.

Good luck!
High time to finish what I've started. || Anki vocabulary drive: 5,000/10k. Restart coming soon. || Dig my Road to Katakana tutorial on the App store.

Spiderwick
Been Around a Bit

Postby Spiderwick » March 18th, 2008 12:33 am

I was just off to bed when I check my e-mails and spotted your supportive words of advice. I just had to say thanks. :ue: I shall now throw myself into the Heisig! I've been resting in the comfort zone of hiragana and katakana for too long, I just hope that I will be able to master the seemingly arduous road ahead ... Wow, I really do need to get some rest - how many mixed metaphors can one get away with in a evening!
:oops:
Anne

Get 40% OFF Forever
josiah
Expert on Something

Postby josiah » March 18th, 2008 12:50 am

i think this topic should be a sticky
whatya think?
あなたの敵を許しなさい。だが、その名前は決して忘れるな

デスノートにお前の名前書くぞ!!

Return to “Learn All About Japanese”